Saturday, September 29, 2012

September

For me, September was filled with a good dose of anxiousness and a bit of unsettledness with a mixture of excitement. Bobby and I threw ourselves into making new relationships in our church by enrolling in a MOM'S program as well as a Tuesday morning bible study. Summertime had brought some loneliness for me as I realized the steady support of mommy friends I had in Arlington was now gone and I realized how important they were to me. So I was very much hoping both of those things would be a great start in building solid friendships for both Bobby and myself. 

I also took some pictures in September to prove we did some other things as well.

Bobby and Tim went on their first fishing expedition alone. I packed snacks, diapers, juice cups and everything else I could think of that would keep both of them happy for a good few hours. Sometimes I overestimate how high maintenance Bobby is, but it is always best to be prepared. I don't think there will be a problem with scheduling more fishing trips in the future. He loved catching those fishies and he finally got to hold one - since I don't let him hold Mo!
Almost every afternoon we would spend some time in our front yard picking up pecans from our pecan tree. Bobby was a pretty good helper...for about two minutes. Then he would spend the rest of the time "looking for a rat". My little boy has become borderline obsessed with the show Call of the Wildman. He is constantly catching 'critters' and either putting them in a cage, in a bucket or in a bag, and then of course "tornaderin" the bag. One day I will post a video of Ernie Brown Jr (aka Turtle Man), star of the show, next to a video of Bobby acting like Turtle Man. Twins. 
But back to pecans. So we finally cracked a few open and toasted them with some salt and butter.
 
Bobby has really enjoyed watching me write letters, so I figured I would try to teach him how to write his most important letter, a B. After only a couple of minutes of instruction, "draw a straight line, go back to the top, draw one half-circle and another half-circle", he got it! This week at school, they practiced tracing the letter A and he did very well with that, too.
And finally a little Bible humor. Bobby came home from MOM'S group with a hand-made rainbow and a colored picture of the story of Noah's Ark. Sidenote: Bobby kept calling his toy Ark a Zark. We could not figure out why in the world he was calling it a Zark...until we said, "Noah'sArk" close together. Say it out loud and you'll get it, too. Anyways, when I asked him who the two people in the picture were, he said, "This is God and that is Mary." And do not tell him otherwise! I love how confusing the Bible can be to little ones!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congrats on the catch Bobby! Love that sweet bonding time! XO, Aimee