Monday, September 17, 2012

Painting Weekend!


I have amazing in-laws! They drove down from Northwest Arkansas to paint our cabinets! Can you believe it? We are so lucky! So while Tim was away at work, Papa started off the project by taping everything!

 He also got all of the doors ready for spraying!
 By Friday night, everything was completely primed and ready for the color Green Crystal!
 By Sunday afternoon, everything was painted! Putting the doors back on!
 We headed off to Home Depot to pick out new  hardware. The old hardware had never been replaced (we know because the same handles are all over the house), and they were covered in grime and dirt. Tim said he wouldn't even think of putting those nasty things on our brand new cabinets! So the new addition of beautiful brushed nickel hardware completely finished the look of the cabinets! We did not change out the hinges for several reasons, but I don't mind that they are different. I think it adds to the cottage-iness of it!
 So here's the finished product! I mean, completely amazing!

My little accessory - our huge bowl of pecans picked daily from our pecan tree out front!



 Here's the built-in hutch. It will get a coat of white paint over the stained wood (so will the chair-railing) as soon as my husband gets around to it. I am not even going to rush him. He has done such an amazing job transforming this kitchen! And he deserves a rest!
So I got a brand new kitchen and Bobby got some more dinosaurs. He's pretty happy with that!
Want to know what our kitchen looked like when we moved in? Click here!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

It is completely fabulous Lydia! Such sweet in-laws! Hugs to you and sweet Bobby! XO, Aimee

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, Lydia, I LOVE the color!! Amazing job! You are FAST workers. Wanna come do mine next?? :)

ashley said...

Looks SO GOOD! What a difference! Way to go on picking everything out...glad you're enjoying your new kitchen...can I borrow Tim and your in-laws for our cabinets please?

Unknown said...

If your husband was really that amazing he would glaze the cabinet doors with a raw umber or a van dyke brown. The perfect accent for the perfect kitchen. I mean really a kitchen looking that good and you husband won't put the extra effort in to glaze the doors. Billy would and should be so disappointed in his son-in-law. Come by the store some time I have samples of how good it could look some where. Oh by the way Hello Timmy looks lik you have more work to do.
Your friendly helpful paint store professional!
Shep

Tim said...

I'm buying all my paint at ... Home Depot, from now on. Smart aleck Shepard.