The boys spent the majority of day three installing the sink,
fixing the plumbing for the sink,
putting up the tile,
and starting the cabinets for the microwave & toaster oven.
Day four started with the rest of the backsplash. I picked bead board for a more country look. I thought it went very well with the farmhouse sink. Also, you can't be the price ($11). But I did know that it would not be smart to have wood behind the sink or behind the oven. So we picked a marble tile for the 'wet' areas.
My workers! We hired our friend, Rob to help Tim throughout the project. Rob also installed tile in our house on White Oak.
Putting in the new oven!
Small details.
Large hood vents are expensive!
And here are the finished pictures. Phase two will be the paint! That will honestly take longer than we expected. We figured out we will probably have to paint the cabinets ourselves and I am not sure if I can talk Tim into such a big project so soon after this week!
But it already looks gorgeous to me!
So, what do you think? Am I close?
For the first two posts about the kitchen renovation, click here and here.







1 comment:
Looking good Lydia!!!
Post a Comment