I knew that holding off decorating until after Bobby's party was a smart idea, but it was really hard to wait until December 4th!! That week lost is a like a month in Christmas time!
Second is the ribbon. I bought it at Decorator's Warehouse after Christmas, so it was a $13 spool for only $6. I bought 3 spools and used some for my mantel, but I still have one entire spool leftover for fun next year!
At the ornament exchanges I have been to, a lot of girls talk about the 'theme' of their tree. I don't have a theme. I have collected ornaments since I was a little girl and I just can't not put something on my tree just because it isn't the right color or style. And I love all of our ornaments. I could probably tell you where I got each and every one of them.
Like this one, I had the grand idea that Tim and I would buy an ornament together each year. Which really means I would pick out an ornament each year. This is the first one we/I picked. After a couple of years, I realized we have enough ornaments as it is.
We have everything from baby booties to gorgeous birds.
Speaking of birds, I think if I did have enough room for two trees, I would do a bird tree!
I am drawn to the sparkly!
So that is our tree; now on to Santa's entrance!
Tim found some fresh garland for me. It was a lot more difficult to use than I imagined. But twinkly lights always make things better, don't they?
And our stockings! I was all ready to link a previous blog post describing our stockings, but I cannot find one for the life of me! I thought for sure I've already written about our felt stockings. This is my stocking all throughout my young childhood. Our first Christmas together, Tim showed me his stocking growing up - the same kind! So I knew I had to make one for our little one when he was born.
Here's Tim's
I have a few other places that I decorated, but I think this is good for now. And with that, Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!




No comments:
Post a Comment