Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Wednesday's Beauty Tip

Today I am going slightly off the path to share a sweet exchange I encountered.

I was giving a facial to a friend while her children watched on in awe. When I give facials, we wash, exfoliate, moisturize, we really pamper our skin. Then we take a few minutes to put on some makeup and get glamorous. My friend was applying some eye shadow when her beautiful young daughter commented on how pretty her mom looked. It was very sweet. Then, my friend responded with something I will never forget. She said, "What is more important, to be pretty on the outside or to be pretty on the inside?". Her daughter said, "Pretty on the inside." And her mom responded, "Who is the only one who can make us pretty on the inside?" And the daughter said, "God."

I absolutely loved how my friend used a simple comment to teach her daughter the importance of spending more time and effort on beautifying your inside. There are many times were I am thankful that at this moment, I don't have to worry about trying to teach a little girl that everything the world will tell her about her body is false. It almost seems overwhelming at times. However, if I am ever given the opportunity to do so, I know I will use little things in every day life to help her understand. Just like my friend did.

During this amazing holiday season, I hope everyone takes a little time to beautify their insides and give thanks to our Father for providing graciously everything we have.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

What a sweet, sweet message, Lydia. Thanks for sharing!