Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Wednesday's Beauty Tip 2

This one goes out to the gals just like me - sweet and oily! I know, super gross. I could complain all day about my oily skin, but what's the use? That's what I got, so let's work with it!

Long, long ago, I thought that since I had such oily skin, putting moisturizer on it would make it worse. And sometimes it did, but only because I was using the wrong type of moisturizer. So, my first tip of the day is to make sure you are using a cleanser and moisturizer that fits your skin. If you are more dry, make sure you are using a cleanser and moisturizer that is made for dry skin. The same goes for us oily folk. 

So, oily gals, are you skipping the moisturizer all together? Here's why you don't want to do that: when skin is dehydrated, it produces more oil to compensate for the loss of moisture. It's a never ending cycle. Stop the madness and put on some moisturizer every morning and every night to help your skin. But be sure you put it on a freshly cleansed face - yes, every morning and every night!


No comments: