Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Mantel Resolve

I have been so inspired by this girl and this girl! I love their easy decorating tips. But I felt left out. I have no mantel. I have begged and pleaded with my husband to just go cut down a mesquite tree and make a mantel for me! No big deal, right? But that is not on the top of his 'to-do' list, I suppose, because it has yet to be done. But I will thank him because his one action of placing our copper tub into our fireplace gave me the idea. He may have done it just to put it somewhere, but it helped!

So here is how I decorated my fireplace for fall!
The centerpiece is a picture I just got re-matted to hang in Bobby's room. But, thanks again to my husband, it was never hung. The colors helped me figure out what else to place around it! One of my issues with decorating, is my obsession with symmetry. It always hinders my creativity. My hurricane candle holder is a set of two, so it took all of my will power to put the other one away (neatly hidden in the copper tub - sshh!) I used the other stand to elevate my pumpkin! Bobby's artwork even got some display-time! They also served as Bobby's 'things okay to touch'.

Here's the bigger view:
Yes, our friend will be there year-round until we buy a slightly larger home, or until I can figure out another spot to display it! I must be honest, this makes me like my fireplace just a tiny bit more. I had written it off as an eye sore in our house until now. But I am wondering if something like this will completely change my mind?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I LOVE this Lydia!!! Impressive...nowI want more of a tour!!! ~Aimee @ ItsOverflowing