I am having a very hard time coming up with the last big goal I set for myself. It could be the goal I set to intern for an NBA team. Or maybe it was to lose the 10 pounds I gained the summer before our wedding. I had several goals I had to reach while I was working for money, but I certainly didn't set those myself. I don't think I am necessarily a goal-setting person. I think I just go for what I want and if it works out, then great. If it doesn't then I move on to the next thing. But I have a goal, now.
The top of my blog says we are living in wedded bliss, and we still are (most of the time), but to keep that strong connection, I feel like I need to participate in my husband's most favorite hobby, hunting. So I have a goal that by next November, I will shoot and kill an animal (most likely a deer) that will help provide at least 1/4 of my family's meals (along with Tim's deer). What do you think about that?
What made me even consider this? I have two blogger friends who have helped me reach this conclusion in a strange, but somewhat understandable, way. Cheryl @ Thirteen Love sets goals and tasks for herself every month. They range from things she has never tried before to things she thinks will improve her life or her family's life. Aimee @ Its Overflowing completely revamped her blog to showcase something she absolutely loves, decorating and remodeling her beautiful home. I loved how these women were sharing things that their readers could do within their own families and homes. It made me start to think about what else I could share with the blogging world, besides how adorable my son is.
Well, one Saturday morning we were watching Tim's shows (or as Bobby calls them, "Shoot Deer Show"). The person invited to hunt that week was none other than Josh Hamilton. It was a neat episode because his oldest daughter shot her first buck and Josh shot a huge buck, both on the same day. I literally thought to myself, "If Josh Hamilton's young daughter can do it, then so can I!" Can you tell I was completely caught up in my love for the Rangers? Anyways, I knew I could share my observations on the world of hunting through this city girl's eyes.
Don't worry - I am not going to turn my blog into a Browning commercial, and I promise to continue to share the absolutely hilarious/adorable/ridiculous things Bobby does. This is just a little something extra I will talk about from time to time. I am excited, and I hope you will stick with me on this crazy new adventure.
5 comments:
Awesome!! Good luck, I know you can do it :).
The milk glass sounds perfect. Take a picture and show me when it's done!!
And, I know what you mean about the peacock feathers! I looked for some today because I was inspired by Aimee!
I LOVE IT! If Freddy's deer lease were even half-way "Cheryl Friendly", I would consider this, too. I can't wait to see your first shotgun - Christmas gift from Tim?
Okay, LOVE the Christmas card idea!! Brilliant! I have to see the end result when you're done! Now you've got me thinking about what I can do with my old cards...
I was totally going to get you a pink Browning sticker, but then I realized you drive my truck five days a week. So, it will have to wait until you get your own truck!
That's AWESOME Lydia!! I'm waiting!!! :) And in regards to that stump!!! Um that would be AWESOME!!! I don't think all the convincing in the world is making Lonnie pull over for a stump again.
Love Y'all!!!
Post a Comment