If you have yet to figure out my love for Christmas, let me tell you again, I absolutely love Christmas. Not just the day, but the entire season surrounding it. I relish in decorating my house just for a holiday. Over the years, I have added songs to my iTunes Christmas playlist so that I can listen to it for 5 hours straight. I told Tim a few weeks ago, "I don't think you realize how wonderful I feel when I see Christmas lights on houses." When I think too deeply about traditions like that, I get an overwhelming since of unity with mankind.
My little boy is just too young to know the difference, so I cannot wait for the next few years as he gets older and understands and (hopefully) shares my love for all things Christmas. And since he doesn't know the difference, we did not overindulge him for the sake of ourselves. I am all about saving money. To spend on myself.
Little one got to partake in an old Zedler tradition of opening up one present on Christmas Eve. I say old because we stopped doing it after I (apparently) complained too many times that it was always just new pajamas for Christmas morning. Man, the way my mother talks about me as a child, you would think I was a total brat. She and I have completely different memories.
Can you tell what is on the television? I bet a few wives whose husbands grew up in small towns can tell. Hunting shows. All weekend. That was one of my Christmas presents to Tim.
I did a terrible job of taking pictures on our Christmas at Honey & Bubba's house. Here's the best one of Bobby opening up his stocking from Honey. It's a snowman Cowboy! So cute!


1 comment:
I've been on facebook too long, and away from blogging way too long. While reading this post, I literally wanted to "like" your comment about feeling wonderful when you see Christmas lights on houses. Wow.
But I agree. Just took my decorations down yesterday! :)
Post a Comment