On December 9th, 2009 at 5:10 PM, our little boy made his entrance into the world as my doctor said, "Wow! He's dense!". She meant physically, of course. Not mentally. We know that because he is super duper smart. He can do some amazing stuff right now. Out of the blue, he started clapping and giving us high-fives. He is so proud of himself when he claps. He pretty much walks where he wants to go and thinks he can climb up and climb down from furniture. Unfortunately, that doesn't always end up in his favor. During the Thanksgiving weekend, he said his first word, "juice". Now he says it when he wants anything in liquid form. It took me two days to teach him "please" in sign language (after trying many times several months ago). He can do it, but he usually just gives me a look like, "Are you kidding me? Just give me the animal cracker!"
The bath is absolutely positively his favorite activity. He stays in there until all of the water is drained. Just recently, he started crawling away from me when I try to pick him up out of the tub. Now that is a fun game. His favorite games right now are peek-a-boo and running Mommy or Daddy down with his push toy, then going and giving them a big hug.
He has seven teeth now! Four on top and three on bottom.
He will eat almost anything, but we have to be careful what we give him first...like we can't give him venison sausage (which he loves) and then green beans. He will not eat the green beans. In fact, just tonight, he spit out food to get out the tiny piece of green bean he had put in his mouth. At that, Tim looked right at him and said, "I love you, son!"
He is still pretty funny about naps, but Dr. Raine said that as long as he is sleeping as much as he does at night, don't give the kid a hard time. He said he expects 12 month olds to sleep an average of 6 hours straight. I don't believe a word of it. I think he says that so we will be so proud of our kid who sleeps 8-10 hours a night (most nights).
I may have said it before on this blog, but even before Bobby was born, I hoped he was a joy for people to be around. I hoped that he would be a magnet to people. I already see that in his short year-long life. He loves to ham it up for people at the grocery store, for grandparents, friends & family. He puts a huge smile on his face and loves for them to smile back. The Lord our God created him with a purpose and I cannot wait to see how he fulfills that promise!
Bobby - I love you so much and cannot imagine this year without you. You are quite the challenge, but I think that just makes your father and me better parents! Ha! I hope!
2 comments:
love this update and love that face! Happy Birthday Bobby!!
He's so precious and we can't wait to see him person-one more week!!
Post a Comment