Thursday, December 16, 2010

Li'l Bobby Celebrates!

For Bobby's first birthday party, I didn't want to worry about being a hostess to a large group of people, so we just invited our family to the small get-together of cake & ice cream. Since we only invited a few people, I focused on baking and decorating the cake myself. Tim bought me the Wilton cake pan "Little Cowboy" when I was pregnant and I knew I would use it for his first birthday.

My mom used tons of wilton cake pans for my brothers' birthdays as well as mine. She told me they were so easy and that there was nothing to it, but I was still nervous!

The night before, I baked the cake. Thankfully, the little guy slid right out of the pan perfectly!
Three hours of decorating later...
Actually, most of the time was spent mixing the colors, but I ain't gonna lie, it was not the easiest thing in the world.

Bobby and Uncle Doug
He had no problem tearing into the presents! 


This was right before he started screaming because I put a hat on his head!
Double fisted, just like a Wagner.


Happy Birthday, sweet boy! The second one will be even better!

5 comments:

Meggan and Trent said...

Lydia, That cake is amazing!!! I am so impressed!

At the Beach with Dave and Alicia said...

What a great party! He looks like he had a blast! I can't get over the cake... I am so impressed! That must have taken one steady hand! Wish I could have been there... maybe one day we will be! Happy Birthday Bobster!

Tim said...

Seriously, that cake was more magnificent than the pictures can do justice. And, Bobby gave it the eating a magnificent cake deserves.

Nana Rhonda said...

That last picture is mini-Tim!

And the cake tasted as good as it looked!!

Doug Zedler said...

No props to Mom for helping with the cake?