Saturday, October 02, 2010

To Ocala We Go!

Bobby made his first cross-country flight from DFW to Ocala via Tampa to visit our favorite Floridians, the Ocala Zeds!  Since I went sans Tim for this trip, I had all sorts of anxiety about the flight, as well as his sleep (or lack thereof) once we got there. Well, there was no need to fret. Bobby was a dream for me on the way over. And slept the night through every night. Although he did wake up at 4:30 AM CT one morning, but we just snuggled together for the next 3 hours. Anyways...

We were greeted in the airport with a frantic "Auntie!". I was going down the escalator to get my bag and I looked across to see Joy and all of the kiddos going up the escalator! We had a wonderful welcome as Anna and Sophie could not stop smiling and skipping. They were so happy to see Bobby. Before we left Tampa, we went to Clearwater Beach for Bobby's first trip to see the ocean!
Here's what Bobby thinks of the beach. He's his mama's child!
On Friday, I traveled to St. Augustine to visit my sweet friend, Alicia and her son, Chaz. Yes, St. Augustine is the oldest city in America. No, we didn't visit the 'old fort'. We went to the outlets! Believe me, I heard it from my brother who was a history teacher for 7 years (?). But don't worry. Alicia and I swore we would be back with our husbands for the historic part of the town.

Bobby and Chaz posed for us next to Mickey! Please ignore the gigantic water stain on Bobby's shirt. His two front teeth were coming in at the time! Such handsome boys!
Chaz is impressed how this 9 month old can turn it on for the camera!
Sophie turned six in August, and I surprised her with her birthday gift on Saturday, a makeover! Annabelle got to participate, too. We exfoliated our face, hands and lips and put on some eye shadow and blush while listening to the Annie soundtrack. I think they had a wonderful time.
Aren't they gorgeous?
Oh! I forgot that the Verster got in on the exfoliation action, too. He kept asking all day, "Is my face still soft?" 
On Sunday we visited Rainbow Springs. We didn't got swimming because the springs are cooold! Rainbow Springs was a zoo back in the day and they filled the landscape with beautiful waterfalls. When we return with Uncle Tim, we hope to visit Weeki Wachee springs where they have a real life mermaid show. Our discussion about it prompted Oliver to say that his Pudge (his grand dad) should be a mermaid for Halloween. The vision made us all crack up.
During the rest of our stay, I got a wonderful tour of their precious town, we visited Stephen's school and we ate some gooood food. 
When I asked Sophie if she drew Bobby with a large head because he has a large head in real life, she said, "Um, yeah!" Like duh!
Stephen at Bobby at Ambleside right before we headed to the airport.
We had such a wonderful time and and felt so comfy in their new home, we cannot wait to visit again. Hopefully it will be a bit cooler next time! :)

2 comments:

Tuesday Waynemeir said...

I loved reading this! Makes me miss you guys....=( Wouldn't you know that the weather is beautiful right now....it was actually chilly tonight!! Of course, it could be in the 90's tomorrow....

At the Beach with Dave and Alicia said...

Aww, I am so glad I got to see you during your trip... I promise to show you a better time next time when we have more time to spend (and money?!)
I am so glad you had a great trip and spent time with your sweet fam! I miss you already! and I am sure they do too!