Saturday, October 23, 2010

Our Baseball Superstitions

Every time we visited The Ballpark in Arlington this season, I wore my red Josh Hamilton jersey t-shirt. The Rangers lost every game we went to. So no way did I wear my Hamilton t-shirt for any of the playoff games. Unfortunately, I didn't think the same curse extended to Bobby's official onesie, so I put him in it for Game 5. Well, we all know what happened then. In fact, I was so worried about it, I took him out of it and that very next at-bat for the Rangers, they had 3 hits and got one run. So you can thank Bobby and me for that dramatic Game 6. 

And then there is this. 

Tim got the Division Champions shirt at one of the very last games of the regular season. So for that first Tampa Bay game, he was so worried it may be cursed, he just draped it over the back of our living room chair. And there it has remained since. And I am sure it will stay there until we win the World Series. 

No comments: