Sunday, October 24, 2010

Dear Lord, Thank you for the State Fair of Texas

It is kind of funny the things I will put up with for the State Fair...ridiculous crowds, traffic, tummy aches, whiney kids...for what? A corn dog or two, fried fill-in-the-blank, and browsing products that didn't even make the cut for their own info-mercial. Yes! I love it!
This year Bobby and I went to the fair twice in one week! On Tuesday we went with our Zedler cousins, Doug & Sarah and Honey. We all piled onto the big ferris wheel, a first for several of us. Sarah & I got a little more than nervous! I held Bobby super tight.

"OMG! We are so high!"
I also got to try fried mac-n-cheese and fried butter. Both were super duper yummy! Doug tried the fried Texas Frito Pie. 
I am so happy even after a long day!
On Sunday, we went back again with Tim and Nana, Poppa and our Denton cousins. It was the first visit for Nana, Poppa and the cousins. We were so happy to introduce them to Fletchers and all things wonderful about the fair. Since it was the last day, it was pretty crowded and with two big kids, we spent a lot of time in the Midway (maybe that is what gave me the stomach ache?). But I did get to try fried chocolate. Although not to shabby, I still enjoy the fried butter more! 
We certainly can't miss checking out the new trucks! Bobby's keeping a list of the ones he wants when he turns 16. 
Bobby loves spending time with his cousin Austin!

No comments: