Monday, March 17, 2008

Some Before & After

Tim and I spent most of the weekend painting. We also celebrated Tim's birthday with the Zedler's, which I'll have more of later. First of all, a big thank you to Chris Shepherd and my mom for coming out and helping us this weekend. It was greatly appreciated!

These are the fans in the dining room. There were a couple just like them in the kitchen. Photobucket
We replaced the kitchen fans with these light fixtures.
Photobucket

We also took out the hideous chandelier in the entry...
Photobucket
And replaced it with a simple light.
Photobucket
Also notice in those two pictures some of the painting we did! It is a very slight difference, but the wall in the after picture is now taupe as opposed to white.

Another Taupe transformation. This room was grass-green. It was not nice.
Photobucket

Here is the living room before we painted. I know this is a terrible picture, but it was all I had.
Photobucket
We painted one wall the same taupe as the entry & the other two walls are now a more soothing blue (but not in this picture). I must admit that the picture I took of the new blue looks just like the old picture...but I promise it is different in person.
Photobucket.

Finally, say goodbye to the nasty gold sunshine room. Whatever design tricks you tried to pull with a gloss-finish in some areas and not in others are beyond me.
Photobucket
The room is now a beautiful, soft, soothing creamy-yellow. I forgot to take a picture of it, though. OOPS!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Man, I have to start taking the pictures...