
Tim and my brother have started a little tradition of their own of giving each other international ales as gifts.

And I received my first house-warming gift. Sarah brought this for me.

It may seem like an odd thing to get from someone, but it has a special story behind it. This rabbit was in my PawPaw's house for as long as I can remember. My mom said it was actually my MeMaw's. When my PawPaw died, I had to leave for rush at Texas Tech and was unable to go down with the family to Nordheim, Texas where he lived to disperse his personal belongings. The rabbit found a home with Doug & Sarah. A couple of weekends ago, while at Doug & Sarah's, I was telling her about that rabbit and some of the other things that I always remember from PawPaw's house. Apparently, she asked Doug if it was okay if they gave Tim & I the rabbit since it was special to me. Doug said it was okay, especially since they got the Toad and a few of the other things (there is another story behind the Toad, too). Thank you, Sarah, so much for thinking about me. That was very special for me.
OK - back to Tim's party!
After we opened presents, Henry announced that it was time for cake! Tim loves Red Velvet, so my mom got one from the best red velvet bakery in Arlington - The Red Oven.

I love how in this picture, Henry is more interested in the whatever my dad is doing than the cake.
It took Tim some force to be able to blow out all 34 candles. In fact, he almost blew them all over!

After that, Henry cried because he didn't have enough icing on his cake, letting all of us know that it was time to go.
Thanks mom & dad & Ft. Worth Zeds, on behalf of Tim, for a great birthday party!
4 comments:
I am filthy in those photos. I wonder if there is still pain on my elbow.
There was pain all over your body. :)
Racy comments, huh? Had to delete them? :) Good choice on the cake, Tim!
Post a Comment