Monday, March 24, 2008

House Update - Week 3

We feel like we have made some major progress. All of the major room painting that needs to be completed before we move in has been finished. Our next step is the floor molding. The idiots (what we lovingly call the previous owners) never painted the molding. Nor did they cover up the nail holes. So Tim prepped the guest bedroom & the office on Saturday and I painted the guest bedroom on Sunday. It is hard!

So here are some pictures to show you are color choices!

Remember the old paint in the guest bedroom? It is now a beautiful pale creamy yellow.
Photobucket

Here is the Master Bedroom. I guess I am really into pastels.
Photobucket

Here is Tim covering up the old glossy brown paint.
Photobucket

This picture shows the past three colors in the Master Bedroom. Can you imagine sleeping in a room painted blood red?
Photobucket

Here is our cute little bathroom. The shower is on the left and the toilet is on the right. We also bought a new mirror - my Easter gift! I cannot wait to hang it!
Photobucket

Besides that, Tim worked on the yard. We heard a collective sigh of relief by the neighbors when Tim mowed the lawn, uh, I mean the weeds. He has also cut down several choker-trees that had sprung up around our beautiful oaks. Our side yard seems a lot bigger, now.

Our next step is to do the flooring in the laundry room and of course finish painting every piece of floor molding in the house. Oh joy!

5 comments:

elizabeth said...

I love the Boston cream color! Can't wait to see it in person!

Amber said...

I can't wait to see it! Hey, what's wrong with red??

Lydia said...

You have to see this red. Well, you can't anymore because we painted over it! But it was a glossy-finish so it looked like a butcher shop. Or I imagine it did...

At the Beach with Dave and Alicia said...

Lyds,

I love the blue, and you will feel like home when you come visit b/c our guest room is almost the same color...a beach getaway if you will! Love all the progress! Tim's guns must be bulging!!! hee hee!

Anonymous said...

It's looking good! Can't wait to see it NEXT WEEK!
Joy