Monday, June 04, 2012

He's a Talker

Not a day goes by when we do not here someone say, in complete amazement, how well Bobby talks. It is usually after we tell them how old he is. In fact, his Honey said, "If he is awake, he is talking!" which is totally true.

The biggest Bobby-ism going on right now, is his habit of calling Tim, "Tim" as opposed to "Dad". It was funny for a while, but now it sadly makes Tim look l like the boyfriend or step-dad in public. Quite embarrassing. So we correct him constantly, but I think Tim will be "Tim" for a while.

Here are a few other Bobby sayings that we hear 10,000 times a day:
- "I got an idea!" Usually followed by silence.
- "I can't like it." Usually in reference to anything I have told him we are about to do.
- "Whatcha doin'?" It is his crutch. If there is silence, he'll use this phrase. I almost always answer, "Same thing I was doing five seconds ago, baby."
- "You need some privacy?" Always said if he knows I am in the bathroom or the closet.
- "You shave your whiskers? You shave your mustache?" Said after stroking Tim's face. It is rather quite sweet until he looks at me and says, "You got a mustache?"
- "Doin' a dino do" some strange saying he made up. He knows we think it is silly, so he says it and starts belly laughing because he knows what our reaction will be!
- "Green sheet brings you buyers!" Usually shouted at the top of his lungs in the grocery store.

And finally:
- "You got a friend in me!!!" Also shouted. All through the house. All through Target. Anywhere we are. And then he'll say, "Mom, I'm singing the song!". I know baby, I know.

3 comments:

NanaRhonda said...

Like!

Cheryl said...

Ha! Carly is in a phase of calling Freddy "Freddy", too.

The Brewer's said...

Ellie calls us Mom and Dad. And sings "Call Me Maybe". She thinks she's 15.