Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies!

I had some amazing pumpkin cookies at a friend's house and decided to give the recipe a try for our visit to Springdale. My little one is getting so big, he was able to help! We pulled up a chair, and he poured in the ingredients. Of course, mom's helper gets the reward of the dough-covered beater. He was in heaven!



Here's the recipe for the cookies. They come out super dough-y and soft.

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

  • 1 cup butter
    ¾ cup brown sugar
    ¾ cup sugar
    1 egg
    1 tsp vanilla
    2 cups flour
    1 cup quick oatmeal
    1 tsp baking soda
    1 tsp cinnamon
    1 pinch of salt
    1 cup canned pumpkin (I sometimes add just a little bit of water to loosen the pumpkin up, if it's really thick)

    Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream butter and sugars in a large bowl. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine flour, oats, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt in a medium bowl. Gradually stir into cream mixture, alternating with pumpkin. Fold in chocolate chips. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto a greased baking sheet. Bake 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

yummy recipe! I'll give that a try!

As for your challenge..hmm. I will work on that! I'll let you know what I come up with :)