Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Halloween Part 1

Bobby's Halloween party at school is today. And that means dressing up in costume. His Honey got him a very cute dinosaur costume, but he kept refusing to put it on. I finally forced him into it. It was a total moment of, I don't care if you hate it, you are going to wear it so I can say how cute you are! Unfortunately, it was too small for him, so I had to scramble.

Thankfully, my mom saved my brothers' sheepskin leather vest from 30+ years ago. And thankfully, I had a gut feeling it would come in handy some day. And thankfully, our sweet neighbor, Miss Irene, gave him a cowboy hat just days before! We just added a sheriff badge and a red bandana to complete the look with our on-hand pearl snap button shirt and boots. It all made the perfect Sheriff Woody!
As a nod to the sheepskin vest older than me, I used picnik to make this pic into a 'retro 1960's' look.
 
If he's into it, we may actually go trick-or-treating as Buzz Lightyear taking everything full circle for this Toy Story nut! 

1 comment:

Doug Zedler said...

I thought that vest looked familiar.