Well, we sold our house. In a tough market, the Lord blessed us tremendously and sent buyers to our home within a month of it being on the market. But they wanted to move into our sweet home within a month, so we had to scramble to find a new home of our own. After some frustration and three full days of house hunting (with a toddler - one day in pouring rain), we found a house we really love in an area we are very excited about!
It makes me incredibly sad to say farewell to our first home, but there are things I will not miss. So to have some closure with my White Oak home, I will write up a couple of posts; A "Goodbye" posts will feature wonderful things I will miss about this house and a "Good Riddance" will feature those things I am glad to leave behind!
For example...
Goodbye to my kitchen. You are one in a million for a home built in 1964. I will miss you. Especially since our new house has one half your size.
Good riddance to a living room that only had one ceiling light...in the far corner of the room.

3 comments:
YES, be glad that yours sold! We are still struggling to get ours sold...been two months now...with a baby due in 17 weeks. YIKES! Congrats though - let me know where you are. We've GOT to get together this summer!
Please notice that I am cleaning the stove - the top of the stove - that photo. I am a good husband.
I heard we are going to be sort-of-neighbors! Yay! Congrats on selling the house.
Post a Comment