Friday, May 20, 2011

Good Riddance

It was a lot harder to think of things I will not miss. Mostly, I will not miss idiots driving down Bowen with their bass thumping. Tim made sure I mentioned that, so I assume he is in agreement.

Yellow house down the street, to your owners in a garage band, you will not be missed. We called the cops three times on these turkeys. They probably would have gotten a little grace if their music was semi-decent.

Master bedroom ceiling fan. I was so excited when we bought this fan. Look how cool it is! But don't even think about turning it on during the night. You may as well invite the garage band right into your room. KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK!
Laminate floors through the entire house. Easy to clean, easy to hear every single step you take. And with the foam pad underneath...SQUISH SQUISH SQUISH!
Painted stone fireplace. I despised this huge piece of masonry in the middle of my dining room. At some point, someone painted over the natural stone, choosing a drab brown in high gloss. Ick. And don't even get me started on the use of baseboard to frame it out.

I plan to do the sorority rush trick of 'good, bad, good' so stay tuned for one more good!

No comments: