Sunday, April 10, 2011

Things a 16 Month Old Does

Talks on the phone...
 Smiles just like his dad....
 Looks like a super cutie pie...
Acts out the Laurie Berkner song lyric "I'm gettin' tired..."
And smiles for Momma!
Oh - I should also say he gets huge welts on his forehead and slices his lip. The poor kid looks like he was in a blade fight. I wish I could say it was from climbing all over the house and being adventurous, but it is really due to his lack of balance. Hopefully he'll get better soon.

I have a lot of pictures of him in the high chair because that is the only time he's still long enough for me to realize that I haven't gotten very many pictures of him lately. We go to the park a lot, visit stores and get ice cream. In fact, I can't say ice cream in front of him now, along with outside or cartoons unless I deliver on those promises. 

Our 16 month old must be growing because he is eating very well and sleeping a lot. I am very down with both of those things. He has actually become a pretty good napper, although he still naps in our bed for them, but I'll take it!

We don't have to guess at his emotions. He tells us when he is happy, sad, tired, upset, etc. He even pouted for 15 minutes one day because I turned the TV off. He also lets us know when he is done with us by pushing our faces away. No kisses and no hugs for us!

He adjusted to Sunday School pretty well (better than his father, I think) and loves playing with friends. 

2 comments:

The Brewer's said...

You're getting so big Bobby! We want to play with you soon!

Nana Rhonda said...

Look at all that big boy hair!