Monday, July 12, 2010

Seven Months

Didn't I just write his six month post? Sheesh!

Although June 9th seems like just yesterday, a lot has happened to our little guy in one month. On the last day of June his first tooth popped out. His uncle Doug was playing with him and said, "Oh my, he's got a tooth!" What? I hadn't even seen it! But sure enough, there it was! Ever since then, he has proudly displayed it to everyone with a huge open-mouthed smile. We are pretty sure he is working on some more since he produces more saliva than a rabid pit bull and he still has a hard time sleeping.

I am pretty sure his second favorite part of the day (his absolute favorite is eating) is bath time. As it is not a part of our bed time routine, I'll surprise him with it at any point during the day. He splashes the water and tries to grab any toy or shampoo bottle just within reach. Then, after he's all dry and clothed, he gets to practice standing on his own and pulling up against the tub. Only does a mother help her firstborn child practice pulling up, right?

Well, the more I think about it, perhaps his favorite part of the day is when Tim gets home. It is usually right when Bobby gets pretty frustrated with me and sick of being in the house, so Tim's arrival is like a breath of fresh air. It changes his mood in an instant.

He loves his daddy, but he has become attached to me. When I used to be able to pawn him off to friends and family, now he constantly reaches back for me. Tim can no longer comfort him and rock him back to sleep in the night. It has to be Mommy. Maybe it is because I am around him all day or maybe it is the 'attachment' phase coming on a little early. Either way, I try not to wish that he grows out of it soon.

At his six month appointment, he measured 27 inches long. Two weeks later, I realized that his infant car seat should only hold a child up to 26 inches. So into the next phase of car seats. Tim can't wait to turn Bobby around so he can socialize with us and see everything that is going on. But I know that day will come sooner than later, so I keep telling Tim to be patient. He'll have plenty of years to face forward!

Speaking of socializing with us, his babble became immensely diverse overnight. It went from 'ba ba ba' to all sorts of sounds including the much-easier-to-say-than-mama "dadadeeda". He also  has 'ge' and 'wa' in his repertoire, so I am certain that mama is close at hand.

Here are a few more photos of this last month!

Bobby got to meet Ginger.
Afterward, Tim told Bobby that Ginger is the type of girl he needs to go for when he's older. You know, the type that dances for NFL and NBA teams. No pressure, Bobby!

A full Bobby is a happy Bobby
Our little squiggler!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

He's adorable!!!

elizabeth said...

I want to know when Bobby is going to start blogging. All the other babies are doing it. I mean, if he already has a tooth, typing in baby talk shouldn't be far behind. :)