Friday, June 11, 2010

My Birthday Week

Tim found out that he had to travel for work and would be gone the morning of my birthday. So he's been extra sweet all week and even treated me to a little Hanukkah-type birthday week! Every evening he would surprise me with a small gift. I absolutely loved that he got creative to make my birthday special! He knows his woman!

On Monday he presented me with two gifts. One was "real" and one was "fake". Can you guess which is which?
If you said the Reeses were real and the tupperware fake, than you were right! I am pretty sure I once told him that household items like vacuums, pots/pans, etc. were not appropriate gifts for your wife. But we actually needed new tupperware, so that was 'not' a birthday gift. Oh, and I told him the day before that I was absolutely in love with Dark Chocolate Reeses cups. I love when he listens to me! :)

On Tuesday he gave me something I very much wanted and needed. After giving myself a pedicure last week, I realized that all of my nail polishes were about 5 years old. So he gave me two new colors that he picked himself.
Both colors are actually darker than they look in the picture. They are beautiful!

On Wednesday, he got me two fresh scented candles. Yum!

Today with Tim gone, this is how I spent the day....
with my sweet boy at the pool!

Then, when Tim got back from Tulsa this afternoon, he had the rest of my presents hidden away ready for me to open, along with my fun card!
A new novel from one of the authors I love to read, some sugar scrub, a Jakob Dylan CD and, of course, some more Reeses since, I am in love with them. 

For my big present, he is helping me fill this:
What is that? It is the wall above our bed. It needs pictures. So we are blowing up some pictures we took from our trip to South Padre and framing them. 

I also have to show off the great present I got from my mother-in-law!
A new rug for the living room! If you couldn't tell from Bobby's six months pictures, we moved the zebra rug to his room. 

So there you have it, a wonderful birthday! We'll top it off with some Burger Box burgers and some frozen yogurt!

4 comments:

Sydney said...

Oh, I love it!
I love the rug, the never ending celebrations, and I am super impressed that he picked out nail polish colors!

At the Beach with Dave and Alicia said...

what a great birthday week! I feel so dumb, should have included your bday gift with Bobby's package!! I'm sorry friend! I love you and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Nana Rhonda said...

So glad Tim give a week celebration! Sorry I didn't call on your day...we were skiing, or fishing or swimming with the grandkids, I don't remember which. Can't wait til Bobby is big enough to go "on the lake"!

elizabeth said...

I think you were most excited about the Reese's! That was definitely mentioned first among the gifts... :)