Monday, August 04, 2008

Answered Prayers

Some of you heard from me via email that my friend Shelby was diagnosed on Thursday with an aneurysm, had brain surgery on Friday and is now on the road to recovery. Let me tell you, it has been a crazy few days filled with tears, anxiety and overwhelming joy.

If you have never met Shelby, you are missing out on one of God's greatest treasures. I have never met a girl that can lighten a room like her. She is a friend to everyone and has made a deep impression on everyone she has ever met. But to her close friends, she is incredibly loyal, incredibly genuine, always helpful and always willing to listen.

I am so thankful for my friend, Shelby. I know God placed us in each other's lives for a reason. We had both attended the same bible study...both invited through different friends of ours. Not a few weeks later, I started a position with Big Brothers Big Sisters, and lo and behold, Shelby works there, too. Not only that, she was on the same team and we both worked out of the Dallas office. We quickly become friends and helped each other out with our dramatic quarter-life crises.

I cannot hope enough that Shelby recovers quickly from this. That is another thing about Shelby, she LOVES to live life, having fun and laughing and joking along the way. She has ailed over a month from the headache caused by the aneurysm, keeping her at home, lying down. So this girl wants desperately to have fun again. And I do not blame her. My prayer for her now is that she will soon have fun again!

If you would like to keep up with Shelby's progress, please visit her Caring Bridge website.

1 comment:

Megan said...

Lydia, I had no idea about Shelby...wow. I'm so glad to hear that she has made it this far. Let her know I am sending my prayers. I only get the pleasure of seeing her usually when Elizabeth is involved but I always look forward to it.