When the neighborhood dove makes a nest!
A momma dove built a tiny nest on top of our water hose keeper right next to our back porch. Almost daily, we would go out to see if the eggs had hatched. We never saw the unhatched eggs, but after almost 3 weeks, we saw her to babies. We would often visit the babies and watch them grow. It was a good lesson in nature. Especially on the day we went outside to find a pile of feathers on the grass. Poor baby dove. Several days later, we were able to watch the second baby dove test out his wings and learn to fly.
When baseball season starts!
We love watching baseball games together. Although I think Bobby would rather watch some more "Bobby shows", he really gets into the games. He also makes some very funny comments like:
"Who are the Angels? I thought they were Aliens."
"I think Murph's going to win today."
"Mike Napoli is next!" -- he still has a hard time getting over the loss of Napoli
"Way to go Jose! I call those guys that run Jose."
And finally, "I hate mascots!"
Tim and Bobby took a trip together to Academy, and I couldn't believe when they got home, this little one had a baseball cap on. We've tried for three years to get him to wear a cap.
I guess he needed to wait for just the right time.
No comments:
Post a Comment