I can't NOT post about the most exciting area sports news since the Rangers made it to the World Series. Our little Mavericks won the 2011 NBA Championship!
I feel like every year I spent loving this team has not been in vain! Only a few people know that my love began long before I interned with the team - it all started with the signing of one Jason Kidd. I had a framed poster in my room in high school of Jason Kidd, Jamal Mashburn and Jimmy Jackson with the words "Triple J Ranch" on it. Honestly, I couldn't get over the fact that Don Nelson & Co traded JKidd away and I stopped cheering for the Mavs until they accepted my internship application over (apparently) stacks of others. It is just perfect that JKidd came back here to win his first title. But I better cut off a rant that could extend for several more paragraphs, so I will just jump to the pictures.
Game 6 Watch Party at AAC.
We didn't make it to the actual parade, but we did make it to the post-parade party inside the AAC. My little Dirk came with me!
Let's Go Mavs!
He really didn't understand why he couldn't go up on stage!
I should also mention that if it was not for this team, I would never have met my bestie, Elizabeth! Thank you, little Mavericks!
For Tim - his one wish is to get a picture of Tyson Chandler holding Bobby. One day!
The Prize!
The Man!
Now I just need one of those white t-shirts with the Larry O'Brien Trophy in a size 2T.



1 comment:
Way to not be fair-weather Lyd!! Did I miss Dirk's shout-out to you? I bet I did!
Post a Comment