Remember how I could not believe how quickly he went from six to seven months? Well, from seven to eight months felt like an entire year. He is definitely in a new stage of his little growing life!
This look captures this last month perfectly.
His second tooth came in and this one was a doozy. Stuffy nose, little sleep, tons more slobber and lots of whines. But of course I felt super sad for him. I have no idea how much his gums ache, but I am sure it is significant. Well, even after the tooth came in, his desire to be rocked several times during the evening (when he should be sleeping) did not go away. I guess he got used to it. And you would think that rocking in a dark room would be relaxing even to a parent, but it wasn't for me. My evenings were spent with a knot in my stomach waiting for him to wake up at which point I would have to go rock him for however long just for him to wake up just as I lay him down in his crib and get all mad again. The only time alone I had with Tim was filled with dread and anxiety and that had to stop. That started a week of rocking detox. Cold turkey no more rocking after he was placed in his crib. There were marathon screaming fits for several nights, but he finally got used to it and not only does he sleep better at night, but also during the day.
And of course he is crawling everywhere! He still slithers on his tummy picking up every piece of dirt and strand of hair along the way. I usually dress him in old onesies I don't particularly care for because he is filthy within a few hours. This past weekend he got up on his hands & knees and took a few 'steps', but gave up and slithered to where he wanted to go.
He has shown a bit of 'willfullness' recently by throwing tantrums when I do anything he doesn't particularly care for including taking away something that is not his (usually car keys) and putting on/taking off his clothes and/or diapers. I'm not quite sure what to do about this except deal with it until he realizes that whatever we do to get him to stop is to get him to stop. Because I must admit I pinched him once and he didn't stop. In fact I think he started to scream louder.
But in all of his rascally-ness, he can still be as sweet as honey. He still snuggles, loves to play with you and gets so excited when he sees the people he loves. We took him on the airplane with us this last weekend and he made friends with everyone around us.
Notice the long thick strand of drool...
He is such a little stinker, and we love him more each day!
No comments:
Post a Comment