Sunday was cloudy, drizzly and a bit cold. We ate an early brunch at a restaurant in Beacon Hill, did a little shopping at H&M and then took the train over to Cambridge. For some reason, I always feel completely independent and well-traveled when I take the trains in the cities I visit. I've been able to ride public transit in Paris, London and now Boston. I absolutely love it. For some reason, I don't feel these wonderful feelings when in Dallas and given the opportunity to ride DART. They just seem to disappear at that point.
Anyway, we met up with Erin, walked by the gates around Harvard and stooped at Grafton Street Pub for a drink. We sat at the bar in front of the window and completely entertained ourselves for at least 2 hours people watching. We also got a fabulous desert.


My desert really put Elizabeth & Erin in the mood for yogurt, so we stopped at BerryLime and got them all set up.
This is Elizabeth's order. I told her I thought fruity pebbles were disgusting. I promptly asked her for a taste.

It was about time for a bathroom break, so we dropped in another bar to go to the bathroom. We picked a very cool bar with very unfortunate bathrooms. But People's Republik had all sorts of different beers to choose from. Beers I have never heard of. We took a few minutes to enjoy the warmth of the bar and, once again, people watch. Some drunk guy stumbled into the place (yes, he was drunk before he came in - not a good sign) with just one shoe. That sparked several unkind and un-christian jokes. I blame Tim.

We made our journey closer to the river, but stopped at Miracle of Science, a restaurant/bar right by MIT. If you visit Elizabeth's blog, you can see the menu is written up on the wall in the style of the periodic table (those MIT students really are nerds).
We crossed the river to get back to the Back Bay neighborhood.

I could tell Tim wanted to continue the party, but Elizabeth and I were exhausted. So we called it a night. And I fell asleep laughing to the third season of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.
The next morning, we tagged along with Elizabeth to her store and ate breakfast with her a au bon pain. It was good.
This is Elizabeth and me in front of her building.

We had such a fantastic weekend and absolutely loved Boston! Thank you, my friend Elizabeth, for being such a fabulous hostess! We will most assuredly be back.
No comments:
Post a Comment