Sunday, May 25, 2008

One Year

May 25th was our one year anniversary. I woke up on Sunday morning later than Tim, as usual, and found a gift bag right in front of the door with a card on top. We decided to follow the modern suggestions for anniversary gifts. The one-year gift should be paper. Tim got me all sorts of stationary and beautiful Thank You cards. I got him a home made gift certificate that allows him a day trip to either Cabela's, Bass Pro, or the Gun Show. As cheesy as a home made gift certificate sounds, I am pretty sure he was excited about the gift.

After a lazy morning, we drove to the North Dallas Design District to look for a sectional couch. We looked all afternoon, driving around North Dallas, sweating in the Texas heat, but did not find anything that we both fell in love with (we found out that it was pretty difficult to satisfy both of our styles and comforts).

That night we had reservations at the Omni Mandalay in Las Colinas. We had dinner at The Keg steakhouse close by and had a wonderful night just being together and eating a wonderful dinner. I have to say that we picked The Keg from several recommendations (one being you, Aimee). Our steaks were absolutely wonderful and the service was fabulous. And the prices were not typical Dallas steak house prices. We highly recommend it, too.

The next day, we left Las Colinas for South Arlington in pursuit of that sectional sofa, the one other furniture district I knew about. We went through a couple of stores and left disappointed. I was almost about to give up on finding a sofa this weekend when Tim remembered we had not visited Haverty's yet. After looking at what they had, we decided on an upholstered sofa that was a little more traditional for Tim’s taste, but it was the best we had seen all weekend. Worried that we were both settling, we walked around the store one more time and came across a leather sectional that looked pretty cool. We really had not paid any attention to leather all weekend, but this sofa had everything we both wanted…comfort, clean lines, modern style. So we took it!

It was a wonderful weekend celebrating our one year of marriage. We have both had the very best year of our lives, growing together in Christ and seeing where He takes us. We have had wonderful adventures and journeys together. We are so grateful for the blessings God has given us in the two years we have been together and cannot wait to see what He has in store for us in the years to come.

Pictures from our balcony at the hotel:
Photobucket
Photobucket

Right after our couple's massage!
Photobucket
Photobucket
We finally found an arts & crafts style shade for our fabulous antique floor lamp!
Photobucket
The sofa! It looks kind of old man library in this picture, but it will look super cool in our living room. We promise.
Photobucket

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Can't believe a year has already passed! Congratulations!!! I love your fun couch and think leather is so great...that's what we have in our family room and I truly think its indestructible (of course we keep scissors out of little hands)! I totally need to come tour your cute place!!!

Tuesday Waynemeir said...

I accidentally read "couch" as "church" and thought you guys were shopping for a "sectional church"....I finally figured it out though...=)

I LOVE the couch! I can't wait to hog it.

Congratulations on one year of marital bliss! Did it go by as fast for you as it has for me?

Stephen and I celebrate 10 years tomorrow. Well, we don't get to REALLY celebrate until Oliver is weaned....someday we'll get away without the kids...someday....=)

Cheryl said...

Congratulations on one year! It only gets better! I love the couch. we don't have leather and we are wishing we did!

Matt, Andrea, Luke and Halle said...

Yeah for your 1st anniversary! Congrats ... looks like y'all had a great time! And we're looking for a leather couch, too, so we'll have to check out 'ol Havertys, too. :)

elizabeth said...

Congrats on one! Can't wait to see you guys. And your new couch!