I now of pictures of the house my family has been waiting an entire year for! It is a late-1970's masterpiece! A masterpiece in that it wasn't remodeled in the 90's to include tile countertops and wallpaper with grapevines on it. In fact, it hasn't been touched except for new carpet and new paint. Oh, and my favorite, the popcorn ceilings have been scraped! Hooray! It is everything I could ask for!
With inspiration from Aimee, I hope to paint the front door and then add shutters!
Do you know what 1977 left me? Two brass chandeliers to repaint! (Inspiration from Aimee, again).
Front entry
Dining Room
Look at that lovely faux wood-grain formica and yellow stove top with vent! Beautiful!!
The living room leads to a second living area which will be Bobby's playroom and a second TV room.
Take a peek at the gorgeous marble sink in the guest bath!
True story...when touring the home, I opened the door in the master bath that leads to the toilet & shower. All I see next to the toilet is a tub....that doesn't have a shower head. I quickly searched for Tim & our agent to ask who has a Master Bath without a shower. We were all blown away asking ourselves, "What type of person lived here? What year is it? Unbelievable." Tim and I walked away thinking we would probably have to completely redo the tub to turn it into a shower.
When in reality, we should have just looked behind the door.
The shower was found when Tim went back to the house for the inspection. I got a text from him that read, "The master bath has a shower!!!!! It is just behind the door!!! Hahahaha!!!"
And finally, Tim also found this for me and wrote, "Did you ever believe we would live in a house that had wild strawberries growing in the yard?"
That makes me smile. God is good.
If I have time today, I will post some pinterest pictures from my 'kitchen remodel' board. You know how happy it makes me to do another kitchen? I just hope I can design it all around another farmhouse sink. A girl can dream, and believe me, I will!




No comments:
Post a Comment