Sunday, August 28, 2011

Down on the Ranch

Lots of new discoveries were in store for Bobby during our visit to the Ranch at the end of July. Some were good and some were...a little scary!

Our second day, the clouds rolled in from a tropical storm. I felt like I had not seen those clouds in years! When we were getting ready for the day, I could have sworn it was going to be 50 degrees outside! But of course, it was still 90, just with a little extra shade! 

Bobby pointing at the cows in the pin. 
He loved seeing them from a distance! But he preferred a 10 yard buffer between him and the animals. I took him up to see their horses hoping he would want to pet them, but every part of him clung to me like I was his last hope on earth!

I should have gotten a snapshot of their herd of misfit animals. Their two horses, goat and donkey travel around in a pack all over their land. If you see one, the other three are not far behind. I imagine they see themselves as an animal gang protecting their turf. It cracks me up!

Yay for being close to The Brewers! We met Ashley & Ellie in Marble Falls for a good lunch! Um, yes, Ellie is six weeks younger than Bobby!
Our other discovery was how much fun our puddle jumper is! We had so much fun swimming off the new dock in the rock hole thanks to our puddle jumper! I am certain this invention will help him learn how to swim next summer!
*A Puddle Jumper is the orange floatie Bobby's wearing. It is two arm floaties connected to a tummy floatie. Awesome. Invention.

1 comment:

RobinBrant said...

We got Miller a puddle jumper at the beginning of this summer, and he is such a great swimmer now! Seriously, best invention ever.