Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Trusting My Provider in the Future

God has the whole world in His hands. So does He have time to worry about little me?

The sermon I listened to a few weeks ago focused on doubt and how many believers go through a period of doubting the existence of our Savior. I have never doubted His existence, but sometimes the doubt that creeps in makes me question His desire to be apart of our day-to-day lives. Does He really care that this person needs a new job or that person is lonely and desires a mate?

I have a friend that couldn't breast feed her baby. Nothing came out. And of course, she would read those emails that are meant for informative purposes (but sometimes just make you feel bad) and one mentioned how breast fed babies are on average smarter than non-breast fed babies. Of course, this made her feel like a failure. But my friend has faith and prayed to the Lord and knew in her heart that God was bigger than the fact that a child is breast fed or not. Of course, the fun part about the story is that her milk came in the very next day and she was able to have that special time with her baby for a while.

I get very anxious when I think about Bobby's future, more specifically, his school-aged future. What will his friends be like? Will he hang out with a good crowd? Will they be accepting of others? Will he get bullied? Will someone at his school try to sell him drugs? These worries have somewhat surfaced recently as we are moving and one thing you always have to think about when you move is schools. And as I learned the last time we searched for a house, you can get incredibly bogged down and anxious about schools. But does that do any good? I think the answer is to make good choices and then trust that God is bigger than the school Bobby will attend. He is bigger than the kids that will attend that school. And He is bigger than the teachers that will work at that school.

I guess we should just hope there is public schooling in 10 years. But I guess God is bigger than a state budget crisis, too, isn't He?

Yes, God does have the whole world in His hands, and not only does He care about the our day-to-day activities, but many times He shows us He loves us through them.

1 comment:

At the Beach with Dave and Alicia said...

Well said! and I agree! My favorite part is where you said... and I quote... "make good choices and then trust that God bigger..." :)

Thanks for the encouragement Lyds!! Love you bunches!