Sunday, May 02, 2010

Cookin' up a Cure

When I woke up at 5:00 AM, I wondered why I was doing this. When I got to the parking garage and realized I had to drag Bobby's running stroller down a flight of stairs, I wondered why I was doing this. When I walked through the dark streets of downtown Fort Worth in the mist and wind, I wondered why I was doing this. When I knocked on the door of room 410 in the Hampton Suites Hotel and saw those sweet smiling faces, I remembered!

Bobby joined me & the Foxy Ladies for the 2010 Tarrant County Race for the Cure. This year, our costume theme was "Cookin' Up a Cure". Have you ever seen any finer chefs?



"Which way to the catering area?"

There is something very carnival-like going on in this picture. I'm not sure what happened!

Maybe it was the wind, because BOY was it windy! In fact, the wind blew away my chef's hat on my way back to the parking garage. So if you are in downtown Fort Worth and you see a chef's hat that says "Bobby's Mom" on it, I would love to have it back!

Bobby was such a wonderful race participant! He chilled in his stroller for a good 3 hours. He only fussed a couple of times, so mamma had to pick him up for a little bit!

Maybe it was the site of these crazy girls that scared him a little!


Or maybe it was because mamma allowed things like this to happen to him!


As a team, we raised over $500 dollars for Susan G. Komen. I want to thank my friends Katie and Deadrah for donating!

I love how special the relationship between girlfriends can be! That is really what stands out to me when I think about this group of girls.

2 comments:

Nana Rhonda said...

Babies are great comic sidekicks!

Tuesday Waynemeir said...

3 things:
#1...what a great tradition...cute theme too!
#2..you look amazing!....not like you had a baby 5 months ago!
#3...Bobby is more beautiful than ever...can't wait to see him in person!!!