Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Stephenville Saturday

A couple of Saturdays ago, I seized an opportunity to visit my good friends, Shelby and Kari, who I don't get to see very often anymore. Well, they were going to be in Stephenville for the weekend, so I took a lovely day trip down there. It was also Shelby's birthday weekend, so the trip was even more special. The girls showed my all around their college stomping grounds (they went to Tarleton) and even took me on a special trip to Dublin. The following pictures are little snapshots of what it is like to be around these girls.

When I arrived, Shelby was still sleeping, so Kari and I quietly decorated for a little surprise "Happy Birthday" for when she woke up!

Then they took me to Santa Fe Cafe, a favorite of theirs in college...I wasn't sure if it was due to the food, or the prices!

After that, we made a short trip over to Dublin, TX to the Dublin Dr Pepper museum. Dublin Dr Pepper is made from real sugar cane and not high fructose corn syrup. We had some frosty Dr Pepper's! Soooooo good!



Of course we couldn't leave without some poses...
This is me parched.

Shelby Senior Photo.





We spent most of the day just hanging out, touring campus and looking through old photos of college Kari and college Shelby. It was a lot of fun! Of course, a tour of Stephenville would not be complete without a picture in front of the Stephenville cow. I'm sure she has a name, but I can't remember it!

And you can't go to Stephenville with these girls without going to Montana's!


Thank you for letting me hang out with you, Kari & Shelby! Every time I hear "You Shook Me All Night Long", I will think of y'all!

2 comments:

Shelby said...

Moola. Her name is Moola.

elizabeth said...

Looks like so much fun! I LOVE Dublin Dr. Pepper!!