Thursday, February 12, 2009

Killer Concert

At some point long ago, the stars and planets and all sorts of other things were aligned as some exec (or perhaps peon) at a record company scheduled The Killers concert on February 4, the exact same night the Mavericks played Portland at American Airlines Center and luck rained down upon me.

Shout out to my co-worker Kory who got free tickets to The Killers, but could not go because he had to work the game that night. Another shout out to my other co-worker, Jay, who read my 25 random list and realized that The Killers were my second favorite band and convinced Kory to give me the tickets. Thanks to you two, the night was awesome. We got a parking pass (SCORE) and awesome tickets (SLAM DUNK) and a wrist band into the VIP Lounge (TRIFECTA). Your sponsors' spots will never again be overlooked.

My loving husband encouraged me to ask Lizard to go with me. He knew we would have a great time together. And we did. We started the night off right at the coolest place to eat in Grand Prairie, Chili's. After hearing the devastating news that they no longer have lettuce wraps on the menu (darn Brinker for thinking they have to change the menu every 2 months!) I felt better with a glass of Blackstone Cabernet. Elizabeth's Coors Light did her right, too. But I'm not here to discuss our alcohol consumption for the night, I am here to talk about the concert.

We arrived with just enough time to get in, grab a drink, and take about 10 minutes to people watch (more of an older crowd than I would have guessed). Just shortly after we sat down in our freakin' awesome FREE seats, the lights went down and out walks Brandon Flowers in his military jacket and skinny jeans ready to rock our world. They opened with Spaceman from their new album, Day and Age and did a good mix of all three albums. For most of the concert I was self aware, hoping I was a good mix between being cool enough to still be at a rock concert at my age and rocking out to the music. By halfway through, I threw caution to the wind and my hands up in the air and jammed. I am glad Elizabeth was with me - Tim probably would have made fun of me.

I now listen to their albums either on the way to work or on the way back home. I also have their songs constantly running in my head. I love the new album and I am so glad I got to see it live.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I love The Killers! Their last concert rocked and I'm jealous that I didn't get to see them this time.