I can’t believe we are already in the last month of 2008. Isn’t it amazing? I told Tim the other day that I was feeling a little out-of-sorts while blogging. I just didn’t feel the magic coming from the keyboard like I did when I first started posting. I guess that is why I haven’t sheared a lot this month. I do have some pictures from Thanksgiving that I would love to post, I just need to get around to doing it (and I am at work, right now, so it will have to wait until tonight). So here is a wrap of the random things that went on in our lives in November!
I joined Facebook. I did have a MySpace, but I deleted the account a couple of months ago, so if you are one friend short and you could not figure out who it was – it was me. Tim does not like the idea of social networking sites and he was a little weird about it when I first joined. But he posts on this. So what’s the difference? Now I get 10 minutes each night to check Facebook. He puts a timer next to the computer. Not really.
We put up our Christmas tree on Sunday. When I was in my tiny one-bedroom apartment several years ago, I bought a skinny tree from Hobby Lobby (love Hobby Lobby during the Christmas time); the skinny tree fit perfectly in a little cubby space next to my couch. When we put the tree up on Sunday, we realized it was too tall for our 60’s style ceilings and we had to chop the top off of it. I probably shouldn’t have told you because you can’t tell. It still looks great.
Tim went hunting the first weekend of November and shot a big buck and a mid-sized spike. He would still like to shoot something else so we can have plenty of venison sausage to give away, but also to make beef jerky and breakfast sausage out of. I wouldn’t mind, either. That same weekend, I made my first Christmas wreath!
I had a late evening out with Elizabeth one weekend. We just can’t make it to 2:00 AM anymore. Well, actually we can…we just shouldn’t. Speaking of…Elizabeth – where are those pictures you promised? Yeah – I called you out on my blog! The next day we went to Holiday Magic in Arlington with mom & Sarah. It was very good this year – bought lots of gifts for myself!
We stayed in Arlington for Thanksgiving – it was a Zedler affair if there ever was one. Thirteen people (ages 65 to 20 months) and a dog together for 4 days in my parents’ house, which is big, but not that big.
A funny story from Thanksgiving:
My niece, like most 4 year-olds, loves band-aids and stickers. She needs a band-aid for everything. Tim does not share this love. In fact, he hates sticky things and tries to stay at least 5 feet away from Sophie when she has a band-aid on. So one night, when Sophie was passing out stickers to everyone I told to not to give one to Uncle Tim. She apparently already had, which he immediately stuck on a piece of paper so he would not have to deal with it. Sophie looked at the sticker on the paper and put her hands on her hips and said, “Uncle Tim! It’s not a band-aid!” It was funny at the time.
Speaking of Thanksgiving, I get overwhelmed thinking of all the things I am grateful for. Most of all, I am thankful for my wonderful, loving husband, a caring family, a house we love and a church we are confident serving with.
And now, Christmas is upon us. Could there be a better time of year? I’m already flipping between Light FM and KLTY. What are your favorite things about Christmas?
1 comment:
LOVE LOVE LOVE Christmas music. I am working from home today and have 'Sounds of the Season' on the TV.....However, I have heard 'Christmas Shoes' 3 times so far this season...which is about 3 times to many.
My favorite song....hmmm...so many to choose from....probably O Holy Night, the Josh Groban version...and the Charlie Brown Song....and that clasical song that goes to the lights on the Bud Light commerical!!
Post a Comment