Saturday, July 26, 2008

Arlington Pedi's?

This one is to my Arlington girls. I moved back to this fair burg three months ago, and I haven't found a nail salon I can trust, yet. Actually, I haven't even tried a nail salon, yet. I have seen one too many exposes on women getting infections from dirty pedicure spa water, and I am scared to death to try a place that hasn't been recommended to me. I don't want to loose my legs! So, ladies, I need some recommendations!

5 comments:

Meggan and Trent said...

I like zizi in the Highlands and Queen's Nails on Park Row and Bowen(next door to Blockbuster).

Anonymous said...

Hey all-

Just wanted to say that even a "clean" or "expensive" salon can get you into trouble via infections. The only way to know is to spend the time to watch what the nail techs do after each client. The federal advisory (http://www.epa.gov/pesticides/factsheets/pedicure.htm) states that you have to use an EPA certified disinfectant (Ameri-Kleen is by far one of the most superior brands out there specifically designed for use in whirlpool tubs), properly measured and circulated for 10 minutes throughout the spa unit (whether its a jetted basin, "pipe-less" unit, or even a bucket that holds water for a pedicure! And DO NOT trust salons that use the liners- its a time-bomb ready to explode on you since the idea is like a condom, and well, you know how that one goes!

Stay safe and play safe!

PediHolic

Lydia said...

It looks like someone has a pedicure safety soap box. Meggan - thanks for those ideas. Queen's is very close to the casa!

Sydney said...

I am also a Queen's Nails girl. I did a double take when I saw the post title because I thought it said Arlington Pedis (as in Pediatricians) Thought I had missed something!

Lydia said...

Ha! Wouldn't that be awful if that is how I announced a pregnancy? Although it is kind of creative...hmmm. :) Not that I need to be thinking of anything like that!