Thursday, January 10, 2008

New Year's Eve

Photobucket
I think this was the New Year's Eve Tim and I both wanted. We got home from the ranch and got all ready for our 8:30 dinner reservations at The Grape. The dinner was a 3 course set menu. I picked the veal and Tim picked the braised pork. Of course, we switched plates once they arrived - he's so sweet to me! He decided he was going to start ordering for me since I always end up wanting what he orders. The atmosphere was great. Although the place is small with tables packed in, it isn't loud and uncomfortable. We had a great conversation and watched everyone else enjoying their New Year's Eve dinners. We were surprised at the older crowd - wealthy, older Dallasites in their furs, diamonds, pearls and expensive suits. I guess I was a little excited to be in their company!

We got back home around 10:30 and the pressure was on me to stay awake until midnight. Staying awake until 10:00 is pretty difficult for me on a normal night, so I definitely had to focus. Tim was so excited about the champagne he bought, he popped the cork early and poured us a couple of glasses. I was so full from eating and the glasses of wine at dinner, I was about the pop! But Tim would not hear any excuses. He bought that champagne for us and it was good, so I had to drink it! I suffered through several sips, but that was all I could take. Tim grudgingly poured about half the bottle down the drain. Sorry baby! :)

Well, I actually made it to midnight. We watched the Victory Park party on Channel 8 - they were right in front of the AAC. Tim & I were both thankful we didn't currently live in Tim's old apartments, right across the street from the event. The countdown was on and when it got to the big 2008, they had a great fireworks show. I guess I was a little mesmerized because I forgot to kiss Tim! He leaned over and caught me off guard - but then i realized what was going on! We changed the channel to Reno 911! and I fell asleep to the ridiculous shenanigans of the Reno PD.

Happy 2008, everyone!

I was just sent this link to the Big D NYE Celebration at Victory Park. Who knew Dallas could throw such a huge party? :)
Click to watch the video

1 comment:

elizabeth said...

I'm sad we didn't get to hang out on NYE. But I'm pretty cool and I stay up late now. Not sure if you can keep up? :)