Tuesday, October 01, 2013

Never Say Never

So, I'm pretty sure I'm failing when it comes to using the word "never."

"I'll never work for the Mavs again."

"I'll never go to the beach for vacation again...unless it's to the Bahamas or something."

"We'll never have animal horns in our bedroom."

"We'll never get a dog."

I've got to quit using that word. 

See the pictures of Bobby loving on all the animals at the ranch?
 
 They are there to make you think I went to the SPCA because he asked me to. Because he really wanted a doggie.

But that didn't happen at all.

I drove to the SPCA and picked out a dog because I wanted one. 

Don't ask my why. Because I have no idea. 
 But I'm really glad I did.
 Meet Mat. He's 3 years old, already house trained, sleeps all day and follows me where ever I go. 
Bobby went with me to play with doggies to make sure our new family member would be sweet to him (and vice-versa). He was very mad that we didn't take a kitty home. I'm pretty sure he thinks that any day now we'll drive back there and get one. Honestly, it took him about a week to even warm up to Mat. It was almost as bad as bringing home a sibling. Ha! But now, he proudly tells random people, "I have a puppy dog. His name is Mat." 

To which people reply, "Oh, that's a...cute....name." 

No comments: