I knew this would be the first year Bobby would be excited to dress up, so I tried to partake in a few more Halloween Festivities this year than last year. Our Friday before was completely free, so while searching the internets, I found out that the Heritage Farmstead Museum was hosting little trick-or-treaters on their property, so we braved the big cold front and explored a little more of our town!
As you can see, Bobby chose to be Superman this day. Good choice sine it is a warm and snuggle-y costume!
On the 31st, we took a little trip to school to participate in their Halloween party. The kids paraded through the school and stopped for candy all along the way. Again, his choice was Superman!
I was stationed at a candy stop. Once he got to me, he was done! So sad to see my little boy cry, but I was kind of glad he would rather stick with me then fill his bag with more candy!
And for the evening, he decided at the last minute to be a pirate! The ability to carry a sword with him definitely held a lot of weight.
A pirate and a cowboy
No, this is not his first Halloween, but I'm cheap and what we had worked!
I think they made it to about 8 houses, which was better than last year. And instead of recounting the scary things that frightened him, he let me know that he saw some witches dancing and that it wasn't a big deal. Our sweet boy had to overcome a lot of fears these last several weeks. What do you do when your grocery store proudly displays their large, and rather disturbing, witch for sale right in the middle of the produce section? There was a lot of encouragement, but also a few times, I advised him to use his laser. That works, too!




No comments:
Post a Comment