I am sitting here over-thinking what to name this post and exactly what to write and I started to think about the month of May. Isn't that a beautiful name, May? It is such a simple name, but it always brings about a lot of change and excitement in everyone's lives. School ends, summer begins, holidays, etc. Poor April doesn't get that much love. Anyways, this May for the Wagner family will be incredibly memorable.
Obviously, we made the big move. Here are a few anecdotes I want to remember about how Bobby views the move through his little eyes. There is a Korean church across from the end of our alley. The building is architecturally interesting with curves and, instead of a steeple, a large block top with huge Korean script written out for the church's name. So, as we leave every day, I hear, "There's the spaceship!" ...two seconds later... "There's the other spaceship!" The 'other spaceship' is a Plano water tower just to the left of the church. I know this picture is not that great (I didn't want to walk all the way down the alley and I was already nervous about looking suspicious).
Also, we came across Sears' Memorial Day sale and bought all of our appliances at a great prices to get our kitchen renovation under way. I'll post pictures and everything once we get started. But on Wednesday, the delivery truck came with our new refrigerator, dish washer and stove. As they were unpacking our appliances, Bobby was in disbelief that we were letting them take this old fridge away!
He kept going on and on about how he did not, could not like the new 're-fig-e-ator'! "They NOT take it away! I can't like a new re-fig-e-ator!" The delivery men were in stitches laughing about the little two year old mourning the loss of an appliance he had known for 10 days.
In other May happenings, we said good bye to the crib and put together Bobby's new room! I was so worried Bobby would have issues transitioning into a new bed (he isn't the best sleeper after all), but it was a complete non-issue.
Daddy and Bobby playing on the 'big boy' bed!
We had forgotten to buy a plastic mattress cover and crossed our fingers for several nights that nothing would happen. The night we finally put it on, he got sick and threw up all over his bed (something he had only done twice before since he outgrew spitting up). We sighed many prayers of thankfulness over that!
So here are a few of his room, not completely finished, but you get the idea.
When I envisioned his room, I was sure I would take out the swivel rocker and just stop rocking him all together. I pictured us reading books in bed and just turning out the light. But I just can't let go of it, yet. It is one of the sweetest moments of the day. I complain about it a lot because I have to do it (he won't let Tim do it). So since it is expected of me, I tend to make it a burden on myself. I realize (even in writing this) that I will regret that the first night we stop rocking.
We bought his bed from family friends. It had already gone through two generations of boys in their family. We already had the book shelf and desk. We could not believe it matched perfectly!
In May, we celebrate Mothers! Along with my mom and sister-in-law, I was celebrated with a dinner at The Woodshed in Fort Worth. Here's a tip if you haven't visited, yet. Dress like you just spent the entire day at the lake. If you wear anything less casual then that, you will look incredibly out of place.
NOT A MARGARITA! Lemonade.
And finally, today marks the fifth anniversary of the beginning of our family. Tim and I will celebrate by doing something we love to do together - watch sports, eat junk and shop! We have Rangers tickets on Saturday and will hopefully do a little window shopping (or real) for our new house.


1 comment:
I look like a dork.
Post a Comment