Then I remembered a friend who had lost several babies to miscarriages and something she said when she found out she was pregnant for the fourth time. She said, "Well, I figured if everyone knew, a lot more people would be praying for me and the baby." So true!
So here I am blabbing in hopes that you'll be thinking about us. I am cringing right now as I type this because I know you are probably going through something much worse. (Like knowing you have to move across the country in 4 months. Right, Alicia?) I have several friends that are going through tough things right now for much more noble causes. And know that I am praying for each of you.
My friend texted this verse to me and it was very encouraging: Matthew 18:19 - 20
19 Again I tell you this: If two of you agree on earth about anything you pray for, it will be done for you by My Father in heaven. 20 For where two or three are gathered together in My name, there I am with them.
If you are an old Pine Cove staffer, you will appreciate this story! I introduced my friend, Alicia, to you last week. We became amazing friends working at Pine Cove camps together. We were two peas in a pod! Our Director spoke to us one day on that, although God listens to all of our prayers, that if you desire something in particular to pray for it specifically, expectantly and frequently. Well, Alicia and I had our hearts set on something in particular. We wanted to be cabin mates the last week of camp. Alicia was assigned to serve on the work crew and I was a lifeguard, meaning we should be rooming in two different cabins. Pine Cove is a wonderful camp, but it has strict rules about things. And one of those rules was that work crew staff sleeps in one cabin and support staff sleeps in another cabin. To bend on a rule like that meant there could be bending of other rules, so we didn't think there was a chance in the world that our Director would agree to it. But we prayed anyway. Specifically. Expectantly. Frequently. And you know what happens, or I wouldn't be telling this story. He allowed Alicia to room in my cabin! God must have known that week would be vital to our friendship! :)
So Tim and I are hopeful, and we are praying. Specifically. Expectantly. Frequently.
2 comments:
Lydia, love the PC story...I can imagine how giddy you and Alicia were at getting to be cabin mates. Miss you girls! I can totally relate to you right now. We tried to sell our house for 6 months last year, had a baby, took it off the market, and hope to try again in a few weeks. I've clung to this verse (also a verse that the Lord revealed to me at PC!) Acts 17:26,27 "He determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live. He did this so that men would seek him and reach out to him, though He is not far from each one of us." We seriously need to get together...we're not far from each other...especially if you head this way...and for sure let's grab dinner if Alicia is ever visiting!
Praying, praying, praying. I love you friend.
*I may or may not have shed a few tears as I read this.
Post a Comment