Before. Notice the wire going to the speaker to the left. The printer on the desk taking up a ton of room. File folders on the ground. And the bare wall above.
Enter the accident. Long story shortened (remember, the sleeping child in the other room), when my husband was doing something incredibly sweet by installing a brand new light fixture in my bathroom, the mirror fell and cracked. It was in this frame.
Well, I certainly didn't want it to go to waste. So the accident gave me inspiration to fix our little computer area! The frame would be our bulletin board above the computer. I bought some cork backing, and Tim glued it on to a piece of cardboard.
At first, it was all wavy like things look when you glue them, but I just kept smiling and hoping. But it turned out looking great in the end! I found color inspiration from my World Market tea napkin curtains, and Tim spray painted it into my up-cycled bulletin board which hangs above the computer!
Then came this idea! Tim's old tea cart that sat OUTSIDE the house for the entire time we lived here, rusting and getting super dirty. Cleaned up and spray painted the same blue (and cream), it is our new printer holder-thingy.
So here's the after. Remember how I all of a sudden felt like sharing this, so it is kind of a crappy after, but you get the idea. The 'unfinished' portion includes easy DIY shelves that will go to the right of the bulletin board. But there is so much to be done, it is okay with me if they are never completed.
Have I shared this with you, yet? Here is the third piece! We bought this at the Montgomery Antique mall and plan to paint it the same colors...or completely different colors that may go with the new home God has for us in Plano? I can only hope. I love using this at lunch when Bobby's in his high chair.
It also serves as his stool for helping me make cookies!
I am very glad I was able to do one more 719 Makeover before we make plans to leave it. I feel so strange and uncertain because of what happened last year, but I know God's power is unlimited. Unlimited! He can raise people from the dead. He can sure as heck sell our house in a bad real estate market!

No comments:
Post a Comment