Saturday, June 20, 2009

Turning 30

The day I turned 30, I had a colleague come up to me and say, "I hated turning 30...but turning 40 was worse." Uh - thanks? Personally, I loved turning 30. I really think it was one of the best birthdays I have had in a long time. Almost all of my friends texted or called or emailed and perhaps they just felt sorry for me (hee hee) but I loved it.

The entire four day celebration started with two good friends, Elizabeth and Gina, taking me to Mi Cocina for a birthday lunch. And of course, we ended the meal with an absolutely fabulous Sprinkles cupcake (which I really think should become a birthday tradition for anyone). That night, Tim took me to The Cheesecake Factory for dinner and desert to go. Now, I am absolutely sure that Tim would have taken me anywhere I wanted, but I usually use these types of opportunities to go to places he would never take me if it were a normal day, if you know what I mean. For some reason, Tim does not like The Cheesecake Factory. I don't understand it, they have a 20 page menu...how can you not find anything you like? But he is not a sweets man and the thought of wonderful cheesecake does not lure him to a restaurant, so what can I do?

I took the next day off of work and had a wonderful massage (probably the best I've ever had), ate cheesecake, watched movies and overall had one of the best lazy days I've had in a while. But I also did a little to get ready for the incredibly party that Elizabeth and Tim put together for me (seriously, I didn't do a thing). I have the most amazing husband and best friend!

The theme: Rock Band...the food: macaroni and cheese (and other stuff, but that was my personal request)...the guest list: very elite, or all of the good friends I could get to hang out in Arlington on a summer Saturday night! Here's some photos and unfortunately, I can not figure out why my video is not uploading, but I will hopefully figure it out, soon!

Tim dressed up as Hootie and the Blowfish!


Beautiful party hostess!



I was a pregnant late 60's rocker chick. :)


Still performing the morning after...

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Looks like so much fun! Happy belated birthday! I'll get to do my 30th pregnant this year too. Let us know how Tim's trip is going if you get pictures and updates from him - that is just so amazing.