The biggest news I have to report is that Tim traded in his Chevy for a Toyota Tacoma. If you know Tim very well, you understand how this decision is just the beginning of God's work in our lives to ready us for starting a family. I know that seems pretty silly, but let me explain. Tim's Chevy was his big splurge - a reward to himself for working so hard. He loved the truck. My friends comment sums it up completely, it felt like Texas. In his words, he needed it. He didn't see how people functioned without a truck. It came in so handy during all of those trips to Home Depot and Lowe's right after we moved into the house. It also served as the perfect place to rest the deer he just shot. He certainly wasn't going to put it in my Tribute. So, when a co-worker of his commented that if we were thinking about having a child, his two-door bench-seat truck was not going to cut it, he took it pretty hard. Of course, I agreed with her which made it a lot worse. He did not want to give that truck up. Over time, he thought about it more and more (or as I like to say, he began to understand logic) and knew he would some day need to trade his truck in for a four-door, smaller truck. I never pressured him and I never worried about it. Then a couple of weekends ago, he found a Toyota Tacoma that he thought he would like, drove to the dealership on a Saturday morning, and came back in the afternoon with a new truck.
It all happened so fast, it still kind of shocks me. Well, here it is...the perfect place for our little Wagner to go.
Disclaimer: This should not be taken to mean that we are already pregnant or will be in the immediate future. We'll call you. Don't call us.
3 comments:
It's so funny how you have to think ahead about this stuff. Mike traded in his Grand Cherokee for a Prius last year for money-saving reasons, and now I have to get a new car in the next six months or so. I really would like to downsize (commuting from Downtown to Frisco isn't so fun in an SUV), but we also have to have at least one car that we can fit me, Mike, a baby and two big mutts into. That wouldn't exactly work in the Prius, as you can imagine.
I love Tim's fancy new truck!
SUV - Check
4-door truck - Check
Looks to me like you guys are ready to start trying!
I was about to say...if you spilled the news with a post about a kid-friendly truck I was going to be mad!
And I like the new truck!
Post a Comment