Thursday, September 04, 2008

Goodbye, Summer

Labor Day is always a little sad for me, as it is the end of summer (even if the weather usually doesn't acknowledge it as such). But this year, I have to admit that I had a pretty darn good weekend. Unfortunately, Tim was not by my side - he was getting ready for the upcoming deer season. But the rest of my family was! I spent some quality time with my parents on Friday night and Saturday. Tim is not a breakfast person, so when I had the chance to have my mom make me pancakes (the old Zedler Saturday tradition), I grabbed it! And they were wonderful. Saturday afternoon, the Tulsa Zeds drove down for a few good days before school was in full swing. Sarah, Joy & I got to spend some quality grown-up girl time for dinner that night. I am so thankful to have such fun sisters-in-law. I am also thankful that they have both ventured ahead of me in their life stages, so I can learn from them! The highlight of the weekend was on Sunday when we ventured over to Doug's for his mouth-watering, nothing-like-it BBQ. Mmmmmm!

My favorite part about the weekend: my nieces and nephews!
Sophster
Photobucket
All weekend, Sophie claimed to be Shawn Johnson and then would run across the living room and do a headstand on the chair.
Bellesy
Photobucket
Annabelle's imagination never stops. She was either constantly throwing tea parties or playing Little House on the Prairie.
The Verster
Photobucket
Don't even think about treating Oliver differently than the other kids. He will let you hear his displeasure.
Henry with Joy
Photobucket
A Henry in motion will stay in motion. Until he gets tired. Then there's a meltdown.
Baby Levi
Photobucket
Sweet baby loves playing peek-a-boo and getting his picture taken. Or is it the flash of the camera he loves?

1 comment:

elizabeth said...

Ah - so cute! They're growing up SO fast!