Tuesday, February 19, 2008

In Case You Haven't Heard...

Jason Kidd's back. For reals.
Photobucket
It is kind of a surreal moment for me. I know I will be persecuted for saying this (and I'm sure Tim will be first in line), but I became a passionate NBA fan when Jason Kidd came to the Mavericks in 1994. I guess you could say I was a little obsessed. I cut out newspaper articles about Jason Kidd and saved them. I had his Rookie of the Year poster with Grant Hill. My friend, Zeena and I went to Fan Jam and got his autograph and almost died after. Please note that I was in high school. But seriously, he gave me a reason to cheer for my home team. So, when Nellie traded him away, I swore off the Mavericks and was never to be a fan again. Supposedly.

I'm sad to see Devin go. Now, Dirk will be embarrased (woo) by Devin Harris (woo) at some point in the near future. But I am hopeful for our team's future. Going through the Finals two years ago was such an amazing experience. I really think this brings us closer to actually winning it this time around. I guess we'll see soon enough.

3 comments:

elizabeth said...

I'm so proud that you worked the Devin cheer into your blog.

Kristin said...

Lydia,
I am so glad that you found my blog, so that I could find yours! Congratulations on being a newlywed! Sounds like you are loving life too!
I am not so happy about this trade, but I was seriously just thinking earlier today about how much Zeena loved Jason Kidd. I didn't know that you shared her zeal back then :)

RobinBrant said...

Lydia, I am so with you. I actually still have an autographed Jason Kidd rookie jersey that I took with me to one of the Mavs pre-season practices at SMU back in the day. I was so star-struck when I met him that 15-year-old Robin almost passed out. Ha!

-Robin